Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Follies

Updated with E2 level and more info than an internet-obsessed infertile should ever have.

Well, I had another monitoring appointment this morning and things are moving right along.

RIGHT: 16, 15, 15, 10, 9
LEFT: 17, 15, 15, 12, 11
E2: 840 (sucktastic, right? Dr. Google's not a fan, I tell you.)

Here is a super in depth, and somewhat helpful description of IVF monitoring.

For handy reference, this was the state of things on Tuesday.
RIGHT: 13, 12, 12, 9, 6
LEFT: 14, 13, 12, 11, 9
E2: 704

I'm heading back in tomorrow for what he thinks will be a final check and then I'll probably trigger tomorrow night as planned. Thank god. I need off these drugs. I was doing ok for a while there, but these last few days I have been JACKED UP inside. I've got a permanent headache that becomes debilitating if I so much as lean forward a teeny bit. Bending over to pick up shoes, etc. is excruciating. The worst part - at the risk of TMI - is the gas. Something is dead inside me. It has to be. Just be thankin' your lucky stars that this isn't Smell-O-Net. You wouldn't want to be my friend any more. As offensive as it is to others, it's also really uncomfortable. UGH.

On that note I bid you adieu!

15 comments:

Busted said...

Ok, so admittedly my only knowledge of fert reports is reading everyone else's on the nest, but your #s sound good, no?

(P.S. - I tried your recommended route on getting my acupuncture covered but my acupuncturist was too honest for it - damn her!)

-Schmoodle (bustedbabymaker.blogspot.com)

Jen said...

It sounds like you are moving right along! Yay!

And is there really TMI in this world where we share our uterine lining and follicle counts?

JJ said...

Looks great Erin! Im sending you lots of luck!!

Leah said...

Wahoo! These are lookin' good. Man oh man, I hope we get great news together in the next few weeks.

As for getting off the drugs, I'm with you 2000%. The headaches are so bad that I finally broke down and made an appt with my regular doctor. She basically said, "Duh, you're on a wicked coctail of hormones. Come see me when you're off them." Gee, thanks.

As for the gas and something-crawled-up-my-ass-and-died problem? I'm with you 3000%. At this very moment, my upstairs bathroom's smell resembles The Place Where Port-A-Potties Go To Die. Definitely TMI but I wanted to let you know I understood. Peee-yew!

Mama Bear said...

So glad the numbers look great! I hope everything goes well with the trigger and retrieval! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.

Carrie said...

Glad you are nearly there. It must be difficult when you feel so bad physically. You've stayed so positive this cycle. I am sooooo thinking of you. I really wish you all the best xx

Waiting Amy said...

Glad you are doing so well. Hoping your set for trigger soon ... before you need a gas mask! :)

Wishing you great luck!

AwkwardMoments said...

Grat Numbers there - I hope that you get to trigger soon

Mama Bear said...

Just saw the update--sorry the E2 isn't higher, but I read that article when I was monitoring, too. And, with that number (and the fact that it will likely be even higher by trigger time), you're definitely in the "medium responder" territory. And, if memory serves, the article also says that the success rate with medium and high responders is much better.

So, I think there is still lots to hope for... :-)

Lassie said...

you said smell-o-net...
Love it!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

The good thing about your E2 not being too high is not needing to worry about hyperstimulation.

Your follies look good from here!

amy said...

Things are looking pretty good.

I noticed on your profile that one of your fav movies is Drop Dead Gorgeous. I adore that movie!!!

Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com

Geohde said...

I hope that it all goes well.

Wishing the best for you, sucktastic numbers be damned.

Ms. Planner said...

Wishing you all the best on your ER. I am an IVF imbecile so I don't know what the E2 digits mean, but you haven't been putting in all this tough work (acupuncture, DHEA, etc) for nothing...numbers be damned!

I'll be out of town camping (re: computerless) but will be thinking of you.

Jen said...

Well I was on the flip side of the E2... 3700 at one check. Lucky for you no crazy gatorade/sodium diet. Trust me, it's not fun to have to pee every 30 minutes.

But I wish you the best!