Monday, August 27, 2007

F-U IF

So I have to share this little tidbit about Friday night. I've been doing my shots around 9:30 each night, and on the night of the Wilco show I knew I'd have to do something a little different. I emailed the nurse to ask if I could pre-mix the repronex before I leave so I wouldn't have quite so much shit to schlep around. She said no and suggested I take them before I leave as early as 7, but what she didn't understand is that I was leaving my house around 4 for acu, then to meet W and head to Berkeley. I decided just to bring it all with me, and shot myself up in the bathroom of the bar we had pre-concert bevvies.

It's so strange to say, but it was kind of exhilarating! LIke a big FUCK YOU to IF. You can't keep me down, beotch! Also it was kind of amusing when I got to the show, because the bag checker-outer lady was so fucking stoned she wouldn't have known contraband if she found it and smoked it herself. I had to open the cheesy cooler bag that I packed my meds in. I'd gotten rid of all the needles, etc., but the follistim pen was left and some alcohol swabs I think. She asked what it was and I said it was the remains of some medicine I had to take earlier. She instantly became this sweet (baked) old grandma and was like, "Oh you poor dear, you go right on through..." Of course she didn't bother to look through the rest of my bag which was big enough to hold all sorts of forbidden items. Guess I'll have to remember that trick for when I'm actually smuggling something!

Anyway, I highly recommend shooting up in a public place. Don't let IF make you a prisoner in your own home!

15 comments:

Mandy said...

Good advice for my upcoming IVF... (cos our little ol house would not look good on the adoption sites either!)
Wishing you lots of luck for this cycle, but with that sassy attitude I'm not sure you even need it :-)

Carrie said...

Shooting up in a public place, well, that makes life more interesting, no?

I'm glad you are sounding so up, and I am so proud of you taking all this in your stride.

XXX

AwkwardMoments said...

ok this post makes me want to scream ROCK OUT!!!! really really loud!!!

Ms. Planner said...

E - you never fail to make me chuckle. Go ON with your bad self!

I was a major hardcore preppie in h.s., college (preppie/hippie) and post-college. Now I am more of a bohemian with prep undertones. Ha ha ha!

That being said, I recently bought shorts for Cowboy that had little retrievers embroidered all over them and I drive a Volvo wagon (all I am missing is the freaking Nantucket sticker for it).

Lori Lavender Luz said...

That's the best Wilco story I've ever heard.

Anonymous said...

I got really good at mixing my drugs and shooting up in the car!

Caba said...

I have a funny shoot up in public story. When I did my first IVF our trigger shot was for 9pm on a Saturday night when my whole fam was going out for my dad's birthday. No one in my family knew that me and DH were cycling. They thought we were waiting another month, so I went to the bathroom between dinner and dessert with my VERY oversized purse, and a few minutes later DH came to help me. It was a single stall bathroom, so he snuck into help me. We did the shot, and left the bathroom together. But a few people were now waiting to use it! We got SOME looks! I just know everyone thought we were getting busy in there! I so wanted to say "We weren't fooling around, just shooting up real quick! All yours now!"

More power to getting out there and doing your thing!

Stacie said...

You go, girl! F-U IF, indeed!

Unknown said...

E, you ROCK. :D Hope it was a fun show!!!

Anonymous said...

The mixing took place in park, but there was an injection or two done while driving!

I would make a good junkie! ;)

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

you are too funny!

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

Did you snort your clomid too? :)

Geohde said...

Lol,

I'm planning to shoot up at work if I have to. Puregon, that is!

Rebel that I am, I'll also be sniffing. Synarel.

Becks said...

Funny Erin!! It sound very similar to this post I wrote on my IVF #1.

http://onemiracleneeded.blogspot.com/2007/04/pins-and-needles-and-all-that-jazz.html

Rachel said...

I know what you mean. I shot up at a sushi restaurant and in a friend's bathroom during a party. It was definitely liberating. :)