Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Of the 4, so far none have fertilized. One appeared to be halfway there when they were looking, but the rest showed no signs. The nurse tried to tell me that sometimes the others will catch up, but I think she was just blowing smoke up my ass. Nothing Dr. Google has to say backs her up on this.

I have to wait until Friday now to know more because they don't like them going in and out of their warm place too much. While this makes sense to the .0001% of me that's science-minded, the other 99.999% of me can't even begin to think about waiting another two days to know more.

Last night I was lying awake, unable to fall back to sleep and the only thing that comforted me was knowing that W's swimmers and my eggs were meeting up and partying together through the night. I'm not sure how I'll sleep tonight.


Sticky Bun said...

Ugh, I'm so so sorry, Erin. Do you know if they're going to do ICSI or anything?

I'll be thinking of you...hang in there and try to get some sleep tonight.

Amy said...

Hi Erin, sorry to hear about that. :( I'm really hoping that the one half way there makes it all the way and the others are just waiting for the party to start :) Yes, definitely ask if they'll do the rescue fertilization. I can't remember which blog I read it on but it worked for them. Anyways, I am hoping you get good news on Friday.

Adrienne said...

Damn, Erin, that sucks. I'm still keeping a little bit of hope for you, though.